Thursday, June 27, 2013

Seoul short..

As per title..a very short trip to Seoul..supposedly 6d cut down to 4d due to my studies.. >< Also.. The kul-icn route requires me to travel alone..sien..lucky I was upgraded to premium which compensate a little.. And special thanks to my dearest bro n sis sending me to airport!! Kamsahamida!!

To cut short..jumping to trip report as below:

Day 1
Flew midnight 140am flight reach on Sunday 8++ damn long queue at immigration..walk to rent phone counter - the furthest gate 12!! Damn!! Then ran back to 4B to take airport limousine!! Curse!!!! phew..just in time...played with my nexus contacting my b in Seoul (he flew in two days earlier than me). 45 min reaching millennium Hilton, the journey cost 15k won. He pick me up and we walk ourselves to the hostel..so glad to see him!!!

After unpacking n refresh we went to lunch at namdaemun..ordered ramyeon and a pancake, both pretty good. Then we off to Gangnam to meet up with my cousin Shereen :) she ask us to join her for her toastmaster meeting which I agreed..it was totally an experience meeting new ppl aboard, as u all know me n my b hardly social..great experience although some part was conducted in hangul..:p we join in for dinner as well.. I has seolong tang which I'm craving for after watching some dramas..but it wasn't the taste I'd expected :( He add neungmyeong which is his worst meal in Korea.. Lol..I hate it too..but he wanna giv it a try..we went for 2nd round at a pub at Gangnam..after that we decided to take a leave to hongdae(hongik uni) for some late night shopping. Thx Patrick for guiding us thr! So sorry to leave him at the cafe and us sister went shopping! Get to know Josh , shereen's friend..Hongdae is quite interesting..good to shop, club and watch performance!

Day 2
Supposedly meeting my sis for breakfast but we both slept til 130pm...omo!!! It was a rainy day..rented a small umbrella from the guesthouse and off we go! Got into a underground restaurant in namdaemun for lunch.. It's more like an izakaya.. Order fish n chips and he ordered porkchop.. Both equally good!! There was a fun joke here.. We were interested to order a hot plate dish like the neighbouring table but according to ajumma's sign language min order is 2pax..so after communicating ..we thought we had place order for that and the western dishes..halfway down the meal we regretted ordering the hot plate..so we waited n waited. but the dish never came..phew.luckily... We were super bloated at the time..decide to pay after that..ajumma gave me free coffee from the machine..a nice meal!! cost about 6000won pp.

Next, we headed to dongdaemun for some indoor shopping..we arrive at dongdaemun station..lost our way a bit n got into Thier wholesale market... after some gps-ing , we found doota,am-pm malls.. next time if u come here remember the correct station is dongdaemun history n cultural station..! Started off in am pm..he decided to get a pair of shoe after my persuasion..lol..I know his foot is in pain..so sorry my dear..got some babies clothing with a Chinese speaking ajumma..some Hp cases..some good quality. clothing.. One thing I hate about this place is the seller!! They are way too aggressive !! I was caught by an ajumma to try on her jacket then she don't let me leave and keep letting me to try on her jacket..then when I say not my style..she look at me and question me "why???" as I have kill her son!!! Omg!!! So crazy!! Avoid to try on clothes if u don't intend to buy!!! Warning!!!!

Went back to put down our shoppings n headed to myeongdong for dinner...have been craving for sangyupsal (BBQ) for so long..ordered beef n pork set meal..so yummeh as usual..!! Continue to shop in myeongdong for cosmetics...shop like crazy but not mine!!! We retired for the day after all those shoppingsssss..

Day 3
Woke up ard 8 smtg and headed to yongsan station for our day trip to nami island..too bad we miss the train at 10 because it was full..so we took a train (the ITX changchun line) about 1hr later..had breakfast at Holly's coffee then I was reluctant to go out from the shop because it was super chilly outside!!!

As time approach we went down to the platform earlier to catch our train..surprisingly there's no one to check the tickets..even on board! The journey took about 45-1h, can't rmb well..finally we are here at Gapyeong station, we queue to purchase our return ticket then we queue again at the taxi stand to the wharf for ferry to nami island. We queue again!!! For the ferry!!! Sooooo crowded..it was super nice seeing all those trees turn yellow and red...I wish to picnic there but unfortunately we have not much time there..didn't manage to ride a couple bike arghhh.....!!!! Such bad luck as the queue for ferry back to mainland was soooo long (45min-1h) we missed our train !!! But don't worry...just tell the office u missed it they will refund about 80% fare for you..not too bad huh..

We took train back to cheongyanni then connect back to myeongdong for dinner..tried the dalgalbi (stir fry chicken with chilli paste), cheap and delicious meal. Next we headed to banpo bridge light show..it was a very long walk from the train station..we watch it from hangang park..nice to have a park like that...lightshow was nothing fancy but we enjoyed the time we rest there..

Last stop of the night..dongdaemun again!!! That's the only area which never rest !! Shopping with my unni at doota, the premium mall while josh n him hangs out in a coffee shop. We bought no clothing but some weird stuff in Olive Young eg. Tiger brand toothpaste =D

After that we walk around to look for the Korean 'supper' then we settled down at a stall nearby. We ordered some tempura, ttukboki, fish cakes , manduu and sikhye. Did not sat long as the place was too cramped. We then parted as his legs were in pain due to excessive walking.

The next morning we checked out and walked to Seoul station to do some last minute shopping at lotte mart. Impressive supermarket !! Too bad we had limited time to shop around..

And that end our Seoul short trip :(
P.S. make sure u get to airport early to queue for tax refund! Do not choose the cheque method!!

So lazy.. It took almost half a year to upload this!









2 comments:

mosquitomunZ said...

a long post ~~~

seems u r not so satisfy with the places traveled o... but it's alright dear, as long as the person who travel with you is him ;)

mun

fayyong said...

this consider short post jor...write liao half yr...so lazy...=P Actually seoul was good! hehe.